|creative projects bring me joy|
Keep sculpting, weaving, adding colors, kneading as you fine-tune the best possible version of yourself you can create. This is like exercise for your spirit and soul.
Here are 3 P's as paths to explore and cultivate your best possible gift to the world.
1. PASSION: Listen to yourself when you describe your very best day, what were you doing? How did you feel? Why did you feel the passion on that day? This question can help you identify the activities and environment in which you can thrive and grow, also known as being in the FLOW (as I learned from Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi) How can you invite more of this passion into your life where you can tap into that magical feeling of flow?
2. POWER: Listen to your strengths to borrow from the talented and inspirational Marcus Buckingham, "do you have the chance to use your strengths every day?" First of all, can you acknowledge and list your strengths? Which strengths are the ones that people come to you for support, guidance, and mentorship? Which strengths are ones that you enjoy using the most? There is such power in focusing, amplifying and using your strengths vs obsessively focusing your energy on your gaps or weaknesses. Find opportunities to share your strengths in your profile, headlines, online information, and when you are networking. The more you get to use these, the stronger and more motivated you can fuel your masterpiece.
3. Listening to PURPOSE - Most of us these days are seeking opportunities to find greater purpose in our lives, work, and actions.
- Seth Godin, "instead of looking for your purpose, live your purpose"
- Julia Butterfly Hill, “We call it ‘finding your own true north’– like on a compass. In production-driven societies, we’re tricked into believing that true north is outside of us. So we’re constantly looking outside ourselves to figure out if this is the right job, the right house, the right relationship, the right subject to be studying. But our true north is invariably inside us …if we do what we love to do, what we’re inspired to do, what we believe in, it creates an entirely different response.”
- "What unique gift in this universe wants to manifest itself in or through me?" 15 Commitments of Conscious Leadership
Above all else, be open to listening to, learning from, and noticing about yourself.
Use this compassionate self-awareness to fuel the ongoing growth of your perfectly unique masterpiece.
- Susan Sontag, “I must change my life, so that I can live it, not wait for it.”
Post a Comment